My name is Lukáš Veselý and since 2016 I am walking landscapes with my photo backpack and tripod. It was my love to mountains and to nature in general that brought me to the landscapes photographing. First I started as classical tourist making pictures during my trips, but as time went on, it was more and more about targeted expeditions for a picture, sometimes staying overnight waiting for first morning sun rays.
The first big change in my photography career came when I saw the movie Interstellar. This movie aroused my interest in the universe and night sky and inspired me to photography of night landscapes. The second big change came at the end of the year 2018, when me and my friend and colleague Jiri Benda we decided to organize week-end photo courses in Bohemian forest focused on day and night landscape photography. Since that time photography is partially a job for me as well.
When photographing I am focusing on less known places and trying to bring some new perspectives during different daily periods and year seasons. But with expansion of mass tourism and development of social media it starts to be more and more challenging. Currently my indispensable tool and friend is mirror less Canon R and lenses Canon RF 15-35 f2,8 IS L USM, Sigma 40 f1,4 Art and Canon RF 100-400mm f/5,6-8. For night sky photography I often use my second Canon R specially modified for better interception of the red end of the visible spectrum and better contrast of hydrogen emission nebulae and TLE. I own drone DJI Mavic Air 2s as well, which helps me to search for new places and sights from a bird`s eye view.
Some of my achievements and awards
- 2019 picture Ice Kingdom announced as Astronomical picture of the day by NASA on 23rd of January
- 2020 2nd and 3rd place in Czech Nature Photo competition in Landscape from drone category and in Best photo of the Czech nature category
- 2021 and 2022 3rd place in Fine art Photography Awards, professional category Night Photography
- 2021 3rd place in Czech Nature Photo competition in Series category
- 2022 1st place in Czech Nature Photo competition in Plants and Nature in Prague categories
- 2023 Honoroable Mention in Nature category – Siena Awards